Heat-Stable Carbetocin (HSC) Training Materials
Postpartum hemorrhage (PPH) is the leading cause of maternal mortality worldwide, responsible for 25% of maternal deaths from obstetric causes.
In this training program, expert faculty will discuss the causes and consequences of PPH, strategies for timely appropriate prevention and quality uterotonics.
This activity is designed to meet the educational needs of obstetrician-gynecologists, nurse midwives, labor and delivery nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and other clinicians who are part of the os/gyn care team. At the conclusion of this activity, participants should be able to understand the following:
- Causes and risk factors for postpartum hemorrhage (PPH)
- Describe the current treatment drugs for the prevention of PPH and its mechanism of action
- Clinical data related to heat stable carbetocin and WHO recommendations
- Implement best practices for the correct indication, administration, contraindication and storage of heat stable carbetocin
- Reporting of adverse drug reactions, if any
The Journey of Heat Stable Carbetocin
Heat-Stable Carbetocin (HSC) Training Information Library
Material will be available soon.