The conference committee invites you to submit an abstract for oral or poster presentation regarding, but not limited to, the following topics:
• Fetal and/or neonatal brain development, both normal and abnormal
• Neuroprotection strategies in the neonate
• Neonatal Neurocritical Care
• Continuous EEG monitoring – theory and applications
• Other forms of brain monitoring, such as NIRS, fMRI, biochemical, etc.
• Neuro-imaging studies
• Long-term outcome studies
• Developmental care
• Neonatal clinical trials of medicines and/or devices
• Palliative care, ethical dilemmas and challenging clinical scenarios
Material presented in the abstracts should be organized and presented according to accepted scientific style. All new investigational studies must include the hypothesis being tested, methods, results with applicable statistics, discussion and/or implications regarding practice.
• Presenter’s name
• Name of institution
• Address, city, state, zip
• Note if the presenter is a trainee
• Note if the contact person is someone other than the presenting author
Abstracts must be 450 words maximum and can include up to 4 additional tables or figures. No logos to be visible in the materials, other than the logo of the organization for which the individual is submitting the abstract.
• Abstract Title
• Authors’ names, degree(s), and institution
• Background and Purpose: problem statement or hypothesis as appropriate
• Materials or Methodology
• 2-3 Learning objectives
• Source of funding for the research (i.e. private foundation, government grants, pharmaceutical or device companies, none, or other (please describe))?
• Conflict of Interest Disclosure form
Abstract acceptance will be preliminary and will be finalized upon presenter registration to the conference.
If the abstract is accepted for presentation, it will be assigned to one of three formats:
• Abstract Full Platform Presentation- 20 minutes followed by 10-minutes Q&A
• Poster Symposium: A poster walk followed by 5 minutes presentation
• Poster Presentation
Call for abstracts: August 1st, 2021 8:00 AM EDT
Closing of abstracts: October 11th, 2021 11:59 PM EDT
Notification of abstracts decisions: November 15th, 2021
Deadline for presenters to register for the conference: November 29th, 2021
In case of any questions, please contact MCA Scientific Events at email@example.com
The Newborn Brain Society is honored to provide a limited number of NBS Trainee Awards for best submitted abstract to be presented by a trainee, in the form of free conference registration.