There are two possibilities to reach St. Petersburg by plane:fetalneonatalheart
- St. Petersburg-Pulkovo airport (LED) is the international airport, which is 17-20 km from the city of St. Petersburg. Connections to and from St. Petersburg airport are guaranteed by various public transports: local buses (line 39 and line 13) serve the airport train station, which is in turn connected to the central station of St. Petersburg-Baltijskij.
- Lappeenranta Airport (LPP), in Finland, is about 200 km from St. Petersburg and is also served by low-cost airlines like Ryanair. From Lappeenranta St. Petersburg can be reached in less than 2 hours by train via the express service called Sm6 Allegro of the Karalian trains.
The train is one of the most interesting means of transport to reach St. Petersburg.
The city has international rail connections with Finland, Germany and all the former republics of the Soviet Union, it is therefore reachable both from within Russia and from across the border.
- From Helsinki the journey takes just under 4 hours;
- From Berlin, the connection is always direct, with departure from Hauptbahnhof station and arrival at the St. Petersburg Vitebski railway station. The train from Berlin reaches St. Petersburg through Belarus and it is therefore necessary to request a transit visa for that country, in addition to the one for Russia;
- From Moscow the city can be reached by the fast Sapsan train (journey time approximately 3 hours and 45 minutes).
St. Petersburg hosts five main railway stations:
- Vitebski, served by Pushkinskaya underground
- Baltiskii, also served by connections to the airport
- Finliandskii, served by the Ploschad Lenina underground
St. Petersburg is connected to the rest of Russia by a series of federal highways.
The city is also served by a ring road.
How to reach the venue
AUDITORIUM NATIONAL RESEARCH CENTRE VA ALMAZOV
Ulitsa Akkuratova, 2, St Petersburg, Russia, 197341
By Public Transport
From Finlyandskiy Railway Station by regional train “Санкт-Петербург-Финл. – Выборг6145Выборг” – 11 stops, up to “Udeljnaya“ and then walk for about 9 minutes (850 meters)
- UNDERGROUND & BUS Underground
(V)2 – From Parnas to Kupchino. Stop: Pionerskaya. Walk 5 minutes towards Pionerskaya Station and take the K-279 bus for 4 stops and get off at the “Kardiologicheskiy Tsentr” stop